Apple Music works on most major operating systems, and you can easily set a song to replay on any of them, similar to how it worked on iTunes. When this option is on, the same song will continue playing until another one is selected or the original one is paused.
The process for replaying a song on Apple Music varies slightly depending on the device, but it's generally found in the music queue menu. Here's how to put a song on repeat in Apple Music on iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows.
How to put a song on repeat on Apple Music on iPhone
Once you've opened the queue with songs in "Now Playing", you'll notice three options next to the list—Shuffle, Repeat, and Autoplay. Choosing "Shuffle" will mix up the songs in a queue, playlist, or selected album, while Repeat will either replay the entire queue or the current song. Autoplay, on the other hand, will automatically add similar songs to the queue based on what's currently playing.
If you tap the Repeat button once (🔁), it will replay the entire queue continuously, but it won't repeat the specific song. To put the currently-playing song on replay, tap the repeat button a second time. You'll see a "1" in the top right corner of the repeat symbol, indicating that the song is set to replay.
Let’s see how to loop a song on Apple Music
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
- Choose a song you want to loop and play it.
- Hit the song at the bottom of the screen and the "Now Playing" screen appears.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner.
- Tap the Repeat button until number 1 displays on the Repeat button.
How to put a playlist or album on repeat on Apple Music
If you want to repeat the whole album or a playlist over and over, follow these steps:
- Open Apple Music and play a playlist or album.
- Click the three horizontal lines and hit the Repeat button until it shows Repeat All.
How to repeat a song on Apple Music on Android
If you use the Apple Music app on your Android device, the course of actions is similar:
- Open the Apple Music app on your Android device.
- Play a song you'd like to repeat.
- Hit the song that's playing at the bottom of the screen.
- In the screen that opens, click the Playing Next button in the lower-right corner.
- At the top of the Playing Next screen, click the Repeat button (looks like this 🔁) until it changes to Repeat One.
How to put a song on repeat on Mac or Windows
If you're using Apple Music on a desktop, the process for looping your favourite song is slightly different. Here's how to do it on the desktop app:
- Open the Apple Music app on your Mac or Windows and play the song you'd like to put on repeat.
- Find the playback controls at the top of the window and click the repeat icon (🔁) until it features a small "1." It should look like this:
If the repeat icon is blue without the "1", you'll set a playlist or album on repeat. Gray arrows indicate repeat function has been turned off.
Speaking of which...
How to turn off repeat on Apple Music
To stop the song from repeating, choose the song and tap the three horizontal lines icon. Then click the Repeat button until it’s not highlighted (turns gray). Or you can ask Siri to stop it.